Tuesday, January 15, 2019

My Favorite Place, the Pacific Northwest



My Favorite Place

This is Seabeck Washington. It is a quaint fishing town nestled into the Mountains. I was actually in the same school district as the kids who lived here. I was always jealous of their views.
https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/2390-Tekiu-Point-Rd-NW_Seabeck_WA_98380_M17029-30634 

The Pacific Northwest has a special place in my heart. Not only is it an area with a culture unlike any other in the country with companies like Amazon, Boeing, and Microsoft to name a few, fueling it economy and a grassroots culture with the lower classes influencing the trends more than the extremely rich. Additionally, it does not rain THAT much--it mostly mists. Also, the region is a melting pot of different cultures with extremely large populations of minorities. This cultural blend allows many different celebrations of religion and tradition to coexist. It is unlike anything I have ever seen before. I was lucky enough to grow up for most of my life right outside of Seattle and experience its beauty. 

Within the region of the Pacific Northwest, there is two states: Washington and Oregon. I lived in Washington and reaped the benefits of Seattle and the Cascade mountains. But the more southern state, Oregon is a completely different vibe. Oregon is a very active state known for allowing individuals with strange personalities to thrive. My grandfather lived in Gold Beach, Oregon, so whenever I visited I was able to experience it. My dad would always say this specific area was the most photographed in the world but I have never been able to find that stat anywhere. If he was right, I would understand--it is breathtaking. 

This picture is taken along Highway 101 (The Oregon Coast Highway).  There were waiting lists for the adopt a highway programs in this area. People wanted to help keep this area beautiful so bad there was too much help.
https://www.tripsavvy.com/fun-in-gold-beach-oregon-1608381 
I love this area with all of my heart. It helped frame me into who I am today. The Pacific Northwest is also possibly the most beautiful place on Earth. There is no where else like it. I hope one day to return. 


2 comments:

  1. I love that part of the country too, Caitlin! We lived in Eugene, Oregon when I was little, and I've also been to Vancouver several times (I LOVE VANCOUVER).
    Quick note about Blogger links: it's good to use actual link text instead of the raw URL; just type the text, highlight, click link button, and then paste in the URL. That way you get a clickable text of your choice, for example:
    Fun Things to Do in Gold Beach ... you can give that type of link a try in your next blog post. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Caitlin,

    I am so jealous that you got to grow up in Seattle. My sister loves Seattle and wished to visit there one day. She loves the Seahawks and I cannot hear enough how she wants to move to Seattle. I want to visit there too. I want to see the gum wall everyone talks about. Your picture is beautiful! Nature is one of a kind.

    ReplyDelete

Tech Tip: Blogger Design Templates

Tech Tip You can play with the design, not just the information on the blog to impact the experience of the reader. You do this by changi...